Foam Insulation NZ
NZ Application Service Ltd. applies a full range of Polyurethane closed cell and open cell foams for use in domestic, commercial, industrial and marine applications. We are CodeMark certified and strive to apply our products to the highest standard to provide the best outcomes for our customers.
We are based in Auckland with mobile application rigs we can offer competitive rates throughout the upper North Island.
Commercial Spray Foam Insulation Auckland
Polyurethane Spray Foams come in both open and closed cell structure and are used in a wide range of applications such as:
– Domestic Building Insulation
– Sound proofing Applications
– Commercial Buildings Insulation
– Shipping Container Home Insulation
– Refrigerated trucks
– Cool store conversions of existing building.
– Insulation of new cool stores.
– Motorhomes and Caravans
– Temperature control medium for packhouses, vegetable stores, fruit and vegetable processing, retail stores, factories etc to mitigate temperature differences and radiant heat (direct sunlight).
– Fish Holds.
– Apply under concrete floors to insulate above basement car parks.
– Sound attenuation lining for film sets and buildings.
– Tank insulation.
– General underfloor, wall and roof space insulation.
– Tank and pipeline Insulation
– Film Industry Props
Spray foam has the highest insulation properties of commonly available insulating materials
Why Use Spray Foam Roof Insulation
- Spray Polyurethane Foam can give you over twice the R-value per inch of most other insulation
- Excellent acoustic and vibration resistant properties.
- Resistant to most chemicals, particularly hydrocarbons and solvents.
- Help save on energy bills
- Reduce heating and air conditioning size
- Reduce draughts, noise and increase comfort
- Impede entry of insects and pests
- Minimise air infiltration that can generate condensation and result in mould growth
- Seal small cracks to insulate large areas, such as walls and roofs
- Resist settling due to its general stability
- Eliminates condensation issues within wall cavities
Injection foams are design to Inject into cavities and also has a wide range of uses such as
- Marine flotation buoys and pontoons
- Refrigeration Insulating Panels
- Filling voids beneath slabs to prevent cracking or slumping
- Capping disused pipes to stop erosion
- Any other application where insulation or structural support is needed in a cavity or void.
R Values of Different Insulation Types
Doesn't foam insulation release toxic fumes?
Modern polyurethane spray foams do not contain or release any toxic gases. They are not to be confused with other products used to fill existing wall cavities, our foams are non-toxic and are safe for home insulation.
How much foam do I need to achieve an R-value of __?
This depends on the density of foam used, but polyurethane spray foam has excellent thermal properties. Our most popular closed cell foam has an R-value of 1.23 per 25mm, which makes it the most efficient insulation available for residential housing uses.
Will the foam absorb moisture?
Our closed cell foam has a 90% closed cell structure which is functionally impermeable to both air and moisture. This drastically reduces the chances of water absorption or transmission through the foam.
What is the difference between open and closed-cell foam?
The primary difference in function between open and closed-cell foams is the transfer of moisture vapour through the foam. Closed cell foams do not allow vapour to pass through whereas open cell foams do. Open cell foams however are much better suited to applications where noise dampening is desired.
Can you Inject Foam into wall cavities?
Not really. Injection foam has quite a strong expansion force, which is commonly used to lift concrete slabs. This means that it is likely to blow the lining off from the wall.
Thermal Bridging Insulation
Thermal Bridging is the transfer of heat through an object that has a higher conductivity than the surrounding materials. This can cause…Read more More Detail
We have extensive experience working for the Film industry in set and prop construction. Our high performance coatings and spray foams are…Read more More Detail
Under Floor Insulation
Spray foam is excellent for use as an underfloor insulator, and has several key advantages over other conventional insulation solutions. Our applicators…Read more More Detail
Sound Dampening Insulation
As well as having excellent insulation properties, polyurethane spray foam can also be used for acoustic insulation. The type of foam used…Read more More Detail
Our range of polyurethane foams are fire-retardant and comply with AS_NZ1530 and AS2122 fire safety standards.Read more More Detail
Container Insulation Foam
Shipping containers conversions are becoming popular for dwelling spaces. The issue with using shipping containers as a dwelling is that they develop…Read more More Detail
Polyurethane Foam is used in numerous marine applications. The high strength to weight ratio plus its excellent buoyancy properties makes it an…Read more More Detail
Polyurethane Spray Foam is the optimum solution for all your insulation needs. It is a seamless, “spray-in-place” insulation. We have closed cell…Read more More Detail